Calm Down: Reishi
Calm Down: Reishi
Sip like broth in the evening. Awaken refreshed. Nothing can touch you.
"Queen Healer Mushroom"
This mushroom was traditionally used in Oriental and Eastern Folk Medicine to "Nourish the
Heart and Pacify the Spirit".
Its primary functions today include:
• Immune Support
• Longevity Tonic
• Stress Relief
INVITATIONS FOR USE:
Mix 2 grams (1/2 tsp.) in warm water or tea.
Excellent addition to soups, smoothies, raw chocolates, and more!
Certified organic US Grown full spectrum Reishi Mushroom: fruit body, primordia, spores
abd extracellular compounds produced throughout the entire life cycle. Minimally processed
with a beneficial enzyme for optimum bioavailability.
Reishi Mushroom is perhaps the most beloved of all precious foods. Called Ling Zhi - "The
Mushroom of Spiritual Potency" in Traditional Chinese Medicine, It holds its place as an
essential ingredient in a healthy life.
The Chinese have traditionally claimed that Reishi promotes calmness, centeredness,
balance, inner awareness and inner strength. They have used it to improve meditative
practices and to protect the body, mind, and spirit so that the adept could attain both a long
and healthy life.
Reishi's first detailed description was written in Shen Nong's Pharmacopeia, a book
attributed to the legendary herbalist-emperor Shen Nong (Han Dynasty, 206 B.C.~ 8 AD).
Reishi was classified by Shen Nong as a superior herb that may be taken continuously
without side effects. A "superior herb" was defined as a substance that serves to maintain
life, causes no side effects by continuous use, and promotes radiant health and long life by
helping to harmonize the functions of the body, mind, and spirit. Images of Reishi
Mushrooms are prolific throughout ancient Chinese Culture and are joyfully presented by a
wonderful cast of revered legendary characters, Taoist Sages and Buddhist Bodhisattvas.
Reishi is one of the most potent adaptogens available to modern society. Adaptogens are
those herbs and substances that increase the body’s resistance to stress and help it
overcome all health challenges more quickly. Adaptogens are defined as substances which
positively support the body to reduce or increase the body's actions as appropriate. Reishi
is believed by Japanese and Chinese researchers to have a regulatory effect on the
immune system, raising immune function in cases of immunodeficiency and reducing the
excesses associated with auto-immune conditions.
Reishi is the most studied natural substance on earth and science continues to show up
remarkable functions its active ingredients produce. Some pharmacological effects of Reishi
extracts in vivo and in vitro include:
(for references see Hobbs, 1995)
• Anti-allergic activity
• Bronchitis-preventative effect, inducing regeneration of bronchial epithelium
• Antibacterial, against Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae
(perhaps due to increased immune system activity)
• Antioxidant, by eliminating hydroxyl free radicals
• Antitumor activity
• Antiviral effect, by inducing interferon production
• Lowers blood pressure
• Enhances bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation
• Cardiotonic action, lowering serum cholesterol levels with no effect on triglycerides,
enhancing myocardial metabolism of hypoxic animals, and improving coronary artery
• Central depressant and peripheral anticholinergic actions on the autonomic nervous
system reduce the effects of caffeine and relax muscles
• Enhanced natural killer cell (NK) activity in vitro in mice
• Expectorant and antitussive properties demonstrated in mice studies
• General immunopotentiation
• Anti-HIV activity in vitro and in vivo
• Improved adrenocortical function
• Increased production of Interleukin-1 by murine peritoneal macrophages in vitro
• Increased production of Interleukin-2 by murine splenocytes in vitro
Key active constituents:
• Beta and hetero-Beta-glucans (antitumor, immunostimulating )
• Ling Zhi-8 protein (anti-allergenic, immuno-modulating)
• Ganodermic acids triterpenes (anti-allergenic agents, cholesterol, and blood
"It may prove to be the greatest prevention against cancer because it helps us to protect
ourselves by our own power." Dr. Gabriel Cousens
Reishi is a very potent immune system and longevity tonic. Traditionally used to “nourish
the heart and pacify the spirit” it has also been found to have numerous other health
• Liver protective
• Regarded as one of the most potent Shen tonics
• Improves circulation
• Protective against radiation, free radicals, and other environmental stressors
• Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fatigue, and anti-stress
Kee Chang Huang reported that reishi “exerts a synergistic effect with other anticancer
chemotherapeutic agents or radiotherapy, to augment the clinical therapeutic effect in the
treatment of cancer patients” (1999).
Reishi has been shown in several studies to lower cholesterol levels, helping to prevent
atherosclerotic changes in the blood vessel walls (reported in Huang, 1999).
Traditionally Reishi is considered to nourish all 3 treasures. Jing, Chi, and Shen are all fed
by this wonderful gift from our natural world.
The once extremely rare and precious Reishi mushroom is now cultivated with superb
results. This means that more people than ever people can experience consuming Reishi.
SunPotion uses a wonderful full-spectrum Reishi product. Cultivated under strict, Organic
protocols in the USA, Sun Potion Reishi uses a blend of different Reishi species to create a
full-spectrum mycoproduct with all the naturally occurring anti-bacterial, anti-viral, immune
modulating, and blood pressure regulating properties that Reishi has been known for
throughout its long history.
Sun Potion Reishi Mushroom Powder is excellent consumed in tea either on its own or
blended with other herbs such as Cordyceps. In the Sun Potion family, a tea of Reishi and
other blood building foods such as He Shou Wu is considered the perfect nightcap to help
calm the spirit and invest in a bright tomorrow.